April 27, 2015
April is National Truck tune-up Month so spring into action and follow these 5 basic maintenance procedures that you can perform this weekend. This will ensure your truck is in great shape for the summer driving season!
- Check all fluids, including engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Check the hoses and belts to make sure they are not cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
- Check the battery and replace if necessary. Make sure the connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check the brake system annually and have the brake linings, rotors and drums inspected at each oil change.
- Clean your engine by adding Stiction Eliminator, Diesel Extreme and Transmission Stiction Eliminator to your engine.