Technical Service Bulletin: 6.4L Powerstroke – Cab Removal Information
UPFITTER BULLETIN – CAB ON/OFF 6.4L DIESEL ENGINE SERVICE PROCEDURES
SPECIAL VEHICLE ENGINEERING BULLETIN
Reference Number(s): Q-165, Date of Issue: October 31, 2007
SPECIAL VEHICLE ENGINEERING – BODY BUILDERS ADVISORY SERVICE
Toll-free: (877) 840-4338
Fax: (313) 594-2633
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
2008 Model Year F250/350/450/550 6.4L Diesel.
The Ford recommended Body-Off procedure allows the technician to complete certain repairs on the 6.4L Diesel engine more efficiently. However, if the vehicle equipment does NOT allow for body removal, ALL engine repairs can be completed with the vehicle body in place. The workshop manual contains both Body-Off and Body-On repair procedures.
The published Service Labor Time Standards are based on the Body-Off procedures. If technicians are NOT able to remove the body due to additional vehicle equipment, then the technician has two options:
- Remove the additional vehicle equipment and then complete the repair using the Body-Off procedure. Removal of Non-Ford parts to perform warranty repairs is fully covered.
- Complete the repair using the Body-On procedures. There is no prior approval required from Ford for dealers to use Body-On procedures. Warranty repairs completed using this method are fully covered. Details can be found in the Warranty Policy Manual Sections 4 and 5.
Ford Motor Company has a system to purchase access to the above mentioned manuals online for various lengths of time (3 Days to one year). The selections can be made by model and model year. This system will allow builders to access the manuals before they are normally available through Helm, Inc.
To access these manuals follow this procedure:
- Go to the Motorcraft website (www.motorcraft.com ).
- Select “Technical Resources” from the menu in the header.
- In the new window, select “Purchase Subscription” in the left side column.
- In the new window, select the subscription you wish to purchase (i.e. Single Vehicle/Single Model Year, Single Vehicle/Multiple Model Years, All Vehicles/All Model Years).
- Make the appropriate selections of Model Year, Vehicle Model, Term (Short Term (3 Days), Month or Year) and the number of Terms to be purchased. The price per Term will be shown.
- Add to the cart. Make additional selections or select “Checkout”.
- Purchase desired subscriptions.
You can now access the subscribed documentation from the “Technical Resources” page by logging in with your User Name and Password.
You can select your vehicle type and view the workshop manual tab. In the workshop manual, select “03: Engine” then select “SECTION 303-01C: Engine Diesel” and select the required service procedure.
If you have any questions about your 6.4L Powerstroke issues, , please contact the Ford Truck Body Builders Advisory Service as shown in the header of this bulletin.