Technical Service Bulletin: 2003-2006 5.9 L Cummins Belt Chirp
Reference Number(s): 09-004-06, Date of Issue: March 31, 2006
|CHRYSLER:||2003-2006 (DH/D1) Ram Truck (Diesel)|
Accessory Drive Belt Chirp At Shut Down
This bulletin involves installing an overrunning clutch pulley on the generator.
A chirping sound maybe heard coming from the accessory drive belt when the engine is shutdown.
If a customer indicates that the condition is present, perform the Repair Procedure.
|1||05183490 AA||Overrunning Clutch Pulley|
SPECIAL TOOLS/EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
|8823||Generator Shaft Holder|
- Disconnect and isolate both negative battery cables.
- Remove the air cleaner box.
- Loosen the accessory drive belt and disengage it from the generator.
- Remove the generator.
- Remove the drive pulley from the generator.
- Install the new drive pulley, p/n 05183490AA, using toll number 8823 to hold the generator shaft. Tighten the nut to 80 Nm (60 ft. lbs.)
- Install the generator. Tighten the bolts to 41 Nm (30 ft. lbs.)
- Install the accessory drive belt.
- Install the air cleaner box.
- Connect the negative battery cables.