Powerstroke 6.7 – Running rough during regen TSB
Reference Number(s): 13-9-15, Date of Issue: September 13, 2013
|FORD:||2011-2013 F-Super Duty|
Superceded Bulletin(s): 13-5-17, Date of Issue: May 16, 2013
Some 2011-2013 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.7L diesel engine may exhibit a runs rough/misfire condition only during the exhaust regeneration process. This condition typically occurs on light throttle tip in between 64-113 Km/h (40-70 MPH), and will not set diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). The concern may be intermittent and a knocking noise may be present during the concern.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Did the customer indicate the message center displayed a Cleaning Exhaust Filter message prior to the concern?
- Yes – proceed to Step 2.
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnosis.
- Using Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) or equivalent, retrieve DTCs from the Powertrain Control Module. Are DTC’s present?
- Yes – this article does not apply. Refer to the PC/ED manual for normal diagnosis.
- No – proceed to Step 3.
- Remove the left hand cylinder head. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-01.
- Replace all eight (8) exhaust valves and valve seals. Refer to WSM, Section 303-01.
- Install cylinder head. Refer to WSM, Section 303-01.